The Week According To The Internet #1
New thing! Every Friday we’ll be bringing you highlights from the past 7 days on the internet – a veritable Rofler’s Digest of lulz, thrills and cute animals.
Check back with us every Friday afternoon, and feel free to share links to shiny new things in the comments…
Without further adieu, here is The Week According To The Internet;
Documented: The most inspiring video of all time - slinky on a treadmill.
Memified: Gotye’s mega-hit, Somebody That I Used To Know.
Heroic: Corgis to the rescue
Booted: Dan Harmon fired from Community. He doesn’t know why either.
Stupid: Babysitter puts baby in a washing machine… then turns it on.
Inspired: The internet has produced some amazing ideas. Here are the best.
Adorbs: The noises baby sloths make.
Badass: Skydiver lands without parachute.
(Image above via)
Ew! iPhone users disgusted by Instagram for Android (via)
These were posted on an Australian Tourism Website and the answers are the actual responses by the website officials*
- Q: Does it ever get windy in Australia ? I have never seen it rain on TV, how do the plants grow? ( UK ).
- A: We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around watching them die.
- Q: Will I be able to see kangaroos in the street? ( USA )
- A: Depends how much you've been drinking.
- Q: I want to walk from Perth to Sydney - can I follow the railroad tracks? ( Sweden)
- A: Sure, it's only three thousand miles, take lots of water.
- Q: Are there any ATMs (cash machines) in Australia? Can you send me a list of them in Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville and Hervey Bay ? ( UK )
- A: What did your last slave die of?
- Q: Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Australia ? ( USA )
- A: A-Fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe.
- Aus-tra-lia is that big island in the middle of the Pacific which does not
- ... Oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Kings Cross. Come naked.
- Q: Which direction is North in Australia ? (USA )
- A: Face south and then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.
- Q: Can I bring cutlery into Australia ? ( UK )
- A: Why? Just use your fingers like we do...
- Q: Can I wear high heels in Australia ? ( UK )
- A: You are a British politician, right?
- Q: Are there supermarkets in Sydney and is milk available all year round? ( Germany )
- A: No, we are a peaceful civilization of vegan hunter/gatherers.
- Milk is illegal.
- Q: I have a question about a famous animal in Australia, but I forget its name. It's a kind of bear and lives in trees. ( USA )
- A: It's called a Drop Bear. They are so called because they drop out of Gum trees and eat the brains of anyone walking underneath them.
- You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking.
- Q: Do you celebrate Christmas in Australia ? ( France )
- A: Only at Christmas.
- *Not really real for real, but very funny.