These were posted on an Australian Tourism Website and the answers are the actual responses by the website officials*
- Q: Does it ever get windy in Australia ? I have never seen it rain on TV, how do the plants grow? ( UK ).
- A: We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around watching them die.
- Q: Will I be able to see kangaroos in the street? ( USA )
- A: Depends how much you've been drinking.
- Q: I want to walk from Perth to Sydney - can I follow the railroad tracks? ( Sweden)
- A: Sure, it's only three thousand miles, take lots of water.
- Q: Are there any ATMs (cash machines) in Australia? Can you send me a list of them in Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville and Hervey Bay ? ( UK )
- A: What did your last slave die of?
- Q: Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Australia ? ( USA )
- A: A-Fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe.
- Aus-tra-lia is that big island in the middle of the Pacific which does not
- ... Oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Kings Cross. Come naked.
- Q: Which direction is North in Australia ? (USA )
- A: Face south and then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.
- Q: Can I bring cutlery into Australia ? ( UK )
- A: Why? Just use your fingers like we do...
- Q: Can I wear high heels in Australia ? ( UK )
- A: You are a British politician, right?
- Q: Are there supermarkets in Sydney and is milk available all year round? ( Germany )
- A: No, we are a peaceful civilization of vegan hunter/gatherers.
- Milk is illegal.
- Q: I have a question about a famous animal in Australia, but I forget its name. It's a kind of bear and lives in trees. ( USA )
- A: It's called a Drop Bear. They are so called because they drop out of Gum trees and eat the brains of anyone walking underneath them.
- You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking.
- Q: Do you celebrate Christmas in Australia ? ( France )
- A: Only at Christmas.
- *Not really real for real, but very funny.
We Are Social - We Are Hiring
We’re a conversations agency and we are hiring – if you’re experienced in digital content and community management, then let’s talk.
The internet is changing around us, a constantly evolving cityscape… and we need architects.
But not just architects.
We’re looking for thinkers, dreamers, planners and builders; creators, artists and engineers; radicals, inventors and pioneers.
We’re looking for people who are looking for something more from a job.
If you can shape words that start dialogues, if you can craft content that changes landscapes, if you can mould problems into solutions, then we want to talk to you.
If you run a blog and know how to seed ideas and engage communities, we want to talk to you.
If you spend hours on Photoshop finding new ways to present your ideas (or just to make people laugh), we want to talk to you.
If you thought that your modest skills in video-editing would never come in handy, we want to talk to you.
We Are Social Australia: Tuesday Mashup #2
According to Facebook Australia, the number of active Facebook users increased to 10.5 million in July 2011, up from 10 million in December 2010.
Data shows that Australian Facebook users are (slightly) more likely to be female and aged 18-35. The average user visits 26 times per month and spend on average 5 hours and 2 minutes per month.
Also in this week’s mashup;
- Australian Banks getting social
- Sales soar as HP quits TouchPad game
- Telstra to provide Facebook as a customer service channel
- Record Numbers of U.S. Visits for Facebook and Twitter in July
Plus the rest of the need to know news in the past week of social media!
In Australia? Want to win an ALL-NEW Kia Rio?
Head over to Kia Australia on Facebook to play Tag & Win for the chance to win a Rio and 1000 instant prizes!